- Black cats creep me out.
- I love old movies especially the black and whites.
- Quirky kids books are something I collect.
- I could not live without pizza.
- My most prized possessions are photo albums.
- I started this blog to teach women about how to dress and feel more confident through fashion.
- My favorite quote right now is “We plan, God laughs.” because it is endlessly true.
- My siblings are my best friends and the most loyal people I know.
- I met my sweet husband at the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 2011.
- I am a professional at getting the smell of skunk off of my dog because he has been sprayed four times since we moved to the farmhouse two years ago.
Social media can suck the humanity out of people you follow. I heard someone say the other day “I follow an ex boyfriend who is married now and they are so happy.” Controversy about social media is nothing new, it has pros and cons like everything. Perspective and moderation are the best ways to keep social media positive. No, I am not inclined to post a picture of me in sweatpants dragging my skunk smelling dog to the shower with a spoonful of peanut butter as a bribe in my hand and tell you about how bad the timing of all of it was. That isn’t something most people ‘like’ but that is real life. Instead we are all happy to share our ideal self on social media with polished pictures and happy informative statements that will result in praise. When we remember that everyone shares only the best angles and brightest news it helps the “I’m not good enough” part of us or the “They must be happier than I am” Psyche. You are doing great, you look great, you are the best you and it doesn’t have to be Insta-worthy.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photography by Shelley Foster